Couples often ask us about suggested wedding planning timelines and although these may vary dependent on your personalised requirements and preferences, we’d like to share with you some of our recommended steps you should take in the lead up to your special day.
12 MONTHS OR MORE…
- Determine your budget
- Make an initial guest list
- Setup a wedding email address
- Book your venue
- Send SAVE THE DATES
- Start considering your overall theme and design preferences
- Contact those important suppliers about availability – i.e. Photographer / Videographer; Band / DJ / Entertainment and Music supplier; Ceremony Officiant…
Can you say you agree with our first tasks for your wedding planning timeline shared above?
Now, you will be wondering what’s next in our suggested wedding planning timeline! Well…
12 TO 10 MONTHS BEFORE…
- Start shopping for your dress
- Consider accommodation options for your guests
- Create a wedding website with an FAQ section which you can update regularly (Trust me! It’ll save you plenty time by not having to answer the same questions over and over again)
- Book your important suppliers
- Start looking up invitations’ ideas
- Choose and assign immediate Wedding Party
Would you add anything to this list?
We’ve now explored two big steps in your wedding planning timeline and now we’ll be looking at tasks you should consider –
10 TO 8 MONTHS BEFORE…
- Purchase your wedding dress – remember it takes time to make your dream dress and they’ll be more fittings and alterations along the way
- Register for a Gift List so it is ready to send along with your invitations
- Meet with potential florists and discuss floral options
Does that sound like a fair list of tasks for 10 to 8 months before your special day?
Now, we’ll be looking as tasks and projects you should consider around the six months mark.
Here are some ideas, we’ve prepared for you:
8 TO 6 MONTHS BEFORE…
- Consider if you’d like a rehearsal dinner and who you’ll invite to it; what venue you want for it and caterer
- Start booking hire items such as linens, chairs, draping, bespoke dance floor, lounge furniture and any other décor pieces
- Choose and order your Bridesmaids dresses
- Book your hair and make up
- Start considering your wedding day music choices and ceremony readings
- Discuss your ceremony script, vows and ask for advice on requirements for marriage license with your Officiant
Would you add anything else to this list?
The last six months is when your wedding plans will start shaping up and picking up speed and we’re sure you’ll be proud of the efforts you’ve already put to your plan!
The next vital steps in your exciting wedding planning journey will be taking place in
6 TO 4 MONTHS BEFORE…
- Book your menu tasting
- Book yours and guests’ transportation (if required)
- Book and confirm your honeymoon arrangements
- Order Menswear and book final fittings for all the outfits
- Order your cake and wedding favours
- Post your invitations
- Review and update your ceremony script and vows
- Choose and order your wedding rings
How are you finding this wedding plan so far? Would you find it easy to follow and execute?
It must feel good to have achieved so much in the last two months of your wedding planning, right?
For many couples wedding planning is the first and only project of this volume they’ll be responsible for, but it can be exciting and fun when it is broken down into more manageable plan.
What do you think you should be doing
4 TO 2 MONTHS BEFORE?…
- Attend your menu tasting
- Attend Hair and Make Up Trail
- Start crafting any DIY pieces you’ve planned for
- Start practicing your speeches and vows
- Update your guest list
- Ensure you’ve fulfilled all the legal requirements for your marriage license
- Start shopping for your wedding party gifts
Don’t you feel the excitement building in the air by this point?
2 MONTHS BEFORE…
Now, the time has come to start finalizing things for your very important and special day – don’t forget, this doesn’t need to be stressful, because you’ve already achieved so much! Can you see it?
In the second last month before your special day you should focus on:
- Type up a list of must-take wedding photo shots
- Attend a dress fitting and try on those gorgeous wedding shoes to start breaking them in
- Finalise arrangements with your florist and event designer
- Supply your song selection to ceremony musicians, DJ and/or Band
- Purchase final wedding day bits and bobs
How would you feel at this stage in your wedding planning? Very excited, right?
1 MONTH BEFORE…
In the final month prior to your wedding there will be a lot of final details admin, but worry not, you’ve got it!
Your final months before wedding will likely consist of:
- Assembling favours, activity packs and little bits and bobs into organised and clearly labeled boxes or bags
- Arranging final payments with your suppliers and venue
- Finalising guest list, orders of service, speeches and ceremony script
- Having a final run through with your Wedding Planner and venue
- Confirming a final run through of your special day and sharing all important contact details with your suppliers
YAY! You did it! Now, it’s a matter of days to your most amazing wedding day! You must be proud of yourself!
1 WEEK BEFORE…
Finally, there might be a few final tings you’ll need to do in the week leading up to your celebrations, so why not plan for these too:
- Pick up your marriage schedule (if required)
- Arrange a drop off time for your wedding DIY items, favours, activity packs, table stationary etc.
- Pack your bags for the honeymoon
- Attend final dress fitting and collect your dress
- Treat yourself to final cosmetic treatments
- Practice your vows and speeches
and… drumroll… GET MARRIED AND BE JOLLY!
Now, it’s the time to enjoy all the hard work you’ve put into your wedding plan!
Is there anything else I could explore for you in my next projects? Email us at email@example.com
Images courtesy of iStock